- I have not yet included the salary projection of the Bulls’ 2021 1st round pick. I will include that in the projection at some point. Expect that salary to be 2-6 million.
- Also included in projections are all necessary IRC(incomplete roster charges).
- If the Bulls plan to act under the cap(likely), they will have “Room” exception also to spend. If Chicago chooses to act over the cap(unlikely), they will have “MLE” and “BAE”.
- Thaddeus Young’s contract is 6,000,000 guaranteed. Will become fully guaranteed if on roster 8/1/21.
- Tomas Satoranky’s contract is 5,000,000 guaranteed. Will become fully guaranteed if on roster 8/1/21.
- Deadline to accept team options on Wendell Carter, Coby White, and Chandler Hutchison is 12/29/20.
- Deadline to accept team option on Ryan Arcidiacono is 7/31/21.
- Lauri Markkanen’s qualifying offer is 9,026,852.
- Adam Mokoka’s qualifying offer is his cap hold(NBA contract).
- Devon Dotson’s qualifying offer is another two-way.
- The first section of Team Salary/Cap Space includes all salary seen in chart.
- The second section of Team Salary/Cap Space includes some salary. Includes all guaranteed salary. Includes all rookie scale team options. Includes all restricted free agent cap holds. Excludes all non-guaranteed money. Excludes Arcidiacono’s team option. Excludes all unrestricted cap holds.
- The third section of Team Salary/Cap Space includes only guaranteed salary.
Chicago has set themselves up to have max contract flexibility for the 2021 off-season. It is clear the front office is keeping cap space open for this off-season, to maintain maximum flexibility in rebuilding the roster. Whether it is for 1 max player, or multiple quality players.